Canadian Experience Class for Express Entry

Canadian Experience Class for Express Entry

To qualify for the Canadian Experience Class, you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (Express Entry).
The Canadian Experience Class is for talented workers who have worked in Canada and desire to stay in the country permanently.

The most essential criteria: 

For each communication skills, you must meet the linguistic requirements for your work. writing, listening, and speaking have at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada in the three years preceding your application—you can achieve this requirement in a variety of ways: working full-time at a single job: 1 year full-time is 30 hours per week for 12 months (1,560 hours) Part-time work equals full-time labour: for example, 15 hours per week for 24 months equals one year full-time work (1,560 hours)
To achieve this criteria, you can work as many part-time jobs as you need. working full-time in multiple jobs: Working 30 hours per week for 12 months at more than one job equals one year of full-time employment (1,560 hours) Working in Canada while on temporary residence status with work authorization has given you work experience.

How do we figure out how much experience we have? 

Your expert work experience must have included compensated employment, such as salary or commissions. Volunteer work and unpaid internships are not included.
You can perform more or less than 15 hours per week for part-time work as long as the total hours sum up to 1,560. To earn the hours you ought to apply, you can work multiple part-time jobs.
Any hours you work in excess of 30 per week are not counted. If you have a criminal record, you are ineligible for the Canadian Experience Class. You’ve applied for refugee status in Canada. You’re working without permission.
Your employment experience in Canada was achieved when you were a temporary resident.

Skilled job experience is defined as follows by the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC): 

  • careers in management (skill level 0) 
  • occupations that are professional (skill type A) 
  • skilled trades and technical jobs (skill type B)

You may have worked in one or more NOC 0, A, or B positions. 

You must demonstrate that you completed the tasks outlined in the lead statement of the NOC’s occupational description. This comprises all of the necessary responsibilities as well as the majority of the key responsibilities. 

Professional experience as a student and self-employment
Self-employment and job experience obtained while a full-time student (even on a co-op work term) do not count toward the program’s minimal requirements. 

The Canadian Experience Class has no educational requirements. If you wish to increase your Express Entry pool ranking for immigration purposes, there are two options. You can earn points for a certification, diploma, or degree from a Canadian if you attended school in Canada:
⦁ secondary (high school) or
⦁ post-secondary (college) institution

If you have earned a foreign credential, you can earn points by submitting an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for immigration purposes from a designated organization demonstrating that your education is equivalent to a completed certificate, diploma, or degree from a Canadian:
⦁ secondary (high school) or
⦁ post-secondary (college) institution

Language skills 

You must do the following:
Canadian Language Benchmark 7 is required for NOC 0 or A positions, and Canadian Language Benchmark 5 is required for NOC B occupations.
Take recognized language examinations in the following areas: 

  • writing 
  • reading 
  • listening 
  • speaking 

In your Express Entry biography, explain the test results. Your proficiency tests are applicable for two years from the date of the test result and must be effective when you apply for permanent residency.


You must be able to enter Canada. In Canada, how could you reside?
You should consider relocating outside of Quebec. Quebec’s skilled workers are chosen by the province. For additional information on Quebec-selected skilled workers, see Quebec-selected skilled workers.
We’ll inquire you where you plan on living in Canada when you fill out your profile. You are not obligated to make your home in that province or area.
If you’re a Provincial Nominee, you should either stay in the province or move elsewhere.
territory that nominated you.

Express Entry Documentation 

Various documents are required at varying phases of the Express Entry admission procedure. Documents related to your profile Although you are not required to upload documents in order to submit a profile, you may request knowledge from any or all of the following documents:
⦁ a travel document, such as a passport
Passport holders from Venezuela: When creating a profile or filling out an application, you may be required to take additional steps. results of a language test If you’re applying through the Federal Skilled Workers Program or wish to obtain points for schooling you received outside of Canada, you’ll need evidence of Higher learning or an educational credential analysis report. nominated by the province (if you have one) a formal job offer from a Canadian business (if you have one), proof of work experience and a diploma of certification in a trade profession from a Canadian province or territory (if you have one) evidence of assets

Documents required for your permanent residency application 

If you are invited to apply, you must provide copy of the report you used to create your profile (see list above). The following documents will be required of the majority of applicants: 

  • certifications issued by the police 
  • medical examinations 
  • birth certificate evidence of funds 
  • if you’re declaring dependent children, you’ll need to utilize a representation form (PDF, 137 KB) 
  • if you’ve employed a representative, this is a must 
  • form of a common-law union (PDF, 2.22 MB) 

If you’ve designated your relationship status as “common-law,” a marriage certificate is required. If you’ve listed your relationship status as “married,” you’ll need to fill out this form. legal separating arrangement and divorce paperwork. If you’ve defined your marital status as “divorced,” a death certificate is required. If you’ve designated your relationship status as “widowed,” you’ll need to fill out this form. When a dependant child is labelled as “adopted,” an adoption certificate is necessary.

Additional docs 

These are only required to be submitted if they were included in your specific document checklist. If you do not submit these documents, your request may not be declined or denied. They’re simply used to see if you’re eligible for the program you’re applying for. 

  • proof of kinship to a Canadian relative 
  • photographs taken using a digital camera to verify your identity 
  • authorization to share private information to a chosen individual form under another name to validate aliases (PDF, 1.74 MB) 
  • any additional papers you believe are pertinent to your submission.

Write to us

We will be glad to hear your thoughts about this publication