Immigration & Paralegal Services Notary Services

Family Sponsorship Program

 Family Sponsorship Program

The family sponsorship lets your relatives live, study and work in Canada if they acquire the permanent resident status of Canada. You can sponsor specific relatives to visit Canada if you are at least 18 years old and:

  • A Canadian citizen
  • An individual registered in Canada as then Indian under the Canadian Indian act
  • A permanent resident of Canada

What are the two types of categories under this program?

The Family Sponsorship program is divided into two categories:

  • Outland Spousal Sponsorship

The visa office in the citizenship country of the sponsored spouse processes this application. You can apply for it if you are living together with your spouse. You can also appeal a refusal through this program.

  • Inland Spousal Sponsorship

You need to live together with your spouse while applying for this program. It falls under the Spouse of Common Law in Canada category. The person you are sponsoring should have temporary status in Canada.

Who can you or can you not sponsor?

You can apply for this process if you are a permanent resident of Canada, a Registered Indian or a Canadian citizen. According to the program’s norms, you can sponsor:

  • Spouse or common-law partner. They should live with you in Canada
  • Your dependent children
  • Spouse, conjugal partner or common-law partner who lives overseas

This application isn’t recommended if you want to sponsor:

  • An orphaned family member or an adopted child
  • Other family members except for your child, partner or spouse.

What if we help you get through the application process while you focus on the bigger picture? From the paperwork to the documentation, we provide you with essential pieces of advice required to get through the program successfully. Book an appointment with our professionals today.